Top 10 signs you live in American Canyon

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Top 10 signs you live in American Canyon

Post by Issa »

Lets get one going! I'll start.

1) Your garage is bigger than the post office
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

Here, I'll redo #2

2) You look outside your window in the morning and notice that the traffic from last afternoon didnt move.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

3) Half of the sales tax you pay ends up in another city!
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

# 4 Reason you know you live in American Canyon.

Post by mattbb61 »

Your crime gets imported from Vallejo and Richmond.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

5) The majority of the members in your Chamber of Commerce arent even companies in your city!
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

# 6 Idication

Post by mattbb61 »

6) You can smell the rotting stentch of the north bay wetlands almost every summer day. :shock:
ABeller

Post by ABeller »

"you know you live in American Canyon when..."

you have to drive 20 minutes just to find a decent burger joint.

you wait 20 minutes at an interection to turn left so you can drive 20 minutes to get to that burger joint

:wink:
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Another one...

Post by mattbb61 »

"If you see auto wrecks along most all connecting roads intersecting
Highway 29, you might live in American Canyon"
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

You Know You Live In American Canyon....

Post by mattbb61 »

"If your town has people standing on nearly each and every street corner wagging signs which advertise new homes, you may live in American Canyon..."
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

10!

Post by Issa »

10) You may live in American Canyon if half the new stores/jobs opening up are either real estate, mortgage, insurance, or one time only use related.

Post by Guest »

You know you live in American Canyon when your choices of restaurants are limited fastfood chains, pizza, mexican food, or diner faire or smell the stench and eat Italian ... :cry:
napaseller
Historian
Historian

You know you live in American Canyon

Post by napaseller »

my pet peeve is people who leave their trash containers out in front of their houses when it isn't collection day.
Yardley
Historian
Historian

Post by Yardley »

You know you live in American Canyon where for some residents, everyday is garbage day!
Yardley
Historian
Historian

Post by Yardley »

You know you're in American Canyon when you drive by multiple residences where cars are parked everywhere and every which way except vertically, and if this was possible you would see cars parked this way too!
Yardley
Historian
Historian

Post by Yardley »

You know you're from American Canyon when you tell someone where you are from, and you usually get a blank stare!
napaseller
Historian
Historian

Come ona my house...

Post by napaseller »

Yardley, Does half a vertical count?
Yardley
Historian
Historian

My house or is it the auto salvage yard?

Post by Yardley »

Napaseller,

The half-vertical most definitely counts as I have seen multiple variations of this parking position in our fair town! :wink:
youknowwho

Post by youknowwho »

you complain about the cops, who are really deputies so much, they hate working this area and when you get a few who actually like working here and try to make a difference, you file complaints and write falsehoods in the local paper calling them names and loose cannons....
Itsy Bitsy

You know you live in American Canyon When!

Post by Itsy Bitsy »

You know you live in American Canyon when

Your car is always out of alignment from all the potholes.

Post by Guest »

When 75% of the lawns are dead, and then you go to buy a sandwich at a local chain and the doors are locked.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Top ten signs you live in Am Can

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Funny, but sad. It is too bad we don't have ordinances for lawn maintainance in AM CAM. I pay a fortune in the summer to keep my lawn looking half way decent while my neighbors lawn is brown.
myopinion

Am can when...

Post by myopinion »

Many of the people who move to one of the most desirable places in the North Bay and they constantly complain about the people who made the town they want to come to.
They put their blind faith in a woman who wants to take over city, and she can't even balance her own check book.
ValNokNok

really hard to believe

Post by ValNokNok »

I use to work with that person if it is one and the same. It is difficult to balance a check book when people who live in your community give post dated and nsf checks to you and you pay bills believing there is money. Hard to see that one coming.

Or you hire friends' relatives as a favor and they open credit cards and pay personal bills from your accounts totally over 2K (I was there when the police report was filed). Or even all of the checks received from a shop in Vallejo that were bad taken in good faith and the 2 times the store was robbed and ATM cards were drained.

Yea that would be a real pain in the butt to not have osmosis to predict those things. Get it right. Every time she helps somebody out they dump on her over and over again. At least she has a good heart with good intentions who helps everybody including new businesses and isn't trying to mastermind the real estate market with fake pretences and club affiliations now there is a story....
ValNokNok

Add this one

Post by ValNokNok »

You know you live in American Canyon when you see the woman's picture on a bench next to a door of the Safeway knowing she is the main person pushing for the store that will cause the Safeway to close and there is a pit bull tied to the bench.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

You know you live in American Canyon

Post by mindingcitybiz »

You know you live in American Canyon when everyone complains, but only a few are willing to do what it takes to make a difference!
napaseller
Historian
Historian

You're in American Canyon

Post by napaseller »

when you see a patch of weeds, PG&E power poles, power lines and then you see a $10,000 sign that says AMERICAN CANYYON/

thats great!

Post by guest »

Right on Napaseller....that's a great one....LOL
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

top ten

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Top ten signs you live in American Canyon, everyone's complaining and ain't nothing getting done!