Little League Concerns

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
LittleLeagueDad

Little League Concerns

Post by LittleLeagueDad »

Yes it is me again. It has to be a really big deal for me to write or basically get annoyed enough. I wonder if anybody really reads this. I hope so.

Since my family and I are new to the area I was wondering about some of the following things:

1) Why is the road a mess at the little league driveway? It seems like this would be such a simple fix-it what is the deal?

2) Who lives in that house by the field? Is that the caretaker for the field? I have asked a couple of folks at the field and they don't know. What is the story?

3) I parked in front of that house one time which I thought was a city street and the woman told a few of us to move before my son's game was over. We did it and missed some of the game of course my son's only hit for the night. I noticed she had some friends park there. I wonder if that would work on my street when cars are in front of my house and I want them to move for my friends.

4) The other thing I wonder is why are there extension cords running from the trailers on her property is this legal? Are there people living in there? If so where is the sewer going?

5) I noticed this stray dog without tags and a collar running loose in the ball park. While my kids know to stay away from strange dogs, many kids do not know to stay away. I am concerned that a child may get bit by this dog.

Is this property in the county? How can somebody live like this? I think it is a zoning violation to have cords isn't it. I would like an update on this also why doesn't the field have night lights? Most fields do. Call me curious and call me annoyed but please who is this person? And if she is the field caretaker why doesn't she patch the entrance?

Hope somebody has the answer...Thanks!

Post by Guest »

I don't know who the woman is who lives there either. I do know that there are signs posted telling us to NOT park there (along the right side of the road). I remember that at a meeting AND I believe it was opening day they told us that the police were going to let it slide about parking there for that day only. The school busses are the ones ruining the road and I think that the City needs to make the school district pave them. They think that by using the Little League roads they are reducing the tracffic and congestion in front of the school. While that may be true, they need to pay for it as they are the one who have caused the problemed roads. The Little League is strictly ALL VOLUNTEER staff. They get out there and mow the grass and run the cantee, empty the garbage and do their best to assure we are all safe and happy.
homeboy

Post by homeboy »

I have lived in AC for awhile and the woman that lives across the street from the field has lived there for many years. She seems to think that she doesn't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us. There are people living in those trailers along side her house and is ILLEGAL. Let the rest of us have a trailer on our property with persons living in it and the city would be all over us. I can't even park my trailer on our property without the code enforcer on me forcing me to move it. Seems the city looks the other way for "special" people!!!
Come on American Canyon, let's get this fair! Stand up and be heard. You think those guys on the council don't listen? Stand up and let them know. Make them do something about this unfairness in this city. What is good for one, is good for all!

Post by Guest »

Here's a couple of suggestions for you...
Code Enforcement, Animal Control & Little League Board of Directors...
Enjoy your child's game...They grow up too soon.
Rick Thein

Post by Rick Thein »

The Lady who lives in that house is Fran Lemos. She is very well known in this community. She attends all of the City Counsel meetings and nearly all of the other City meetings too. She has volunteered countless hours in this community and is loved by everyone who knows her. She worked with Lorraine LeVoy to found the Boys and Girls club, she served hot chocolate to school kids waiting for their busses on cold days, she has worked in the community thrift shop donating the profits to help the underprivledged in this community and she has been one of American Canyons best cheerleaders. She has welcomed all of the new families that have moved here and has been very vocal about the fact that she supports this towns growth. Her home is one of the original ranches still left in this town. The zoning laws for her area is different from those in the newer neighborhoods. Please don't judge a book by it's cover. She has supported the little league, and her home was there first. She is a Saint, in my book, we should have more like her. :? Sometimes I don't understand the comments I read here!
guest in AC

one law for all

Post by guest in AC »

The beauty of America is that we all live under the rule law. All of American Canyon is under the city ordinances and regulations, all state laws, and all federal laws.

If you are trying to point out that Fran Lemos is somehow excempt you are dead wrong. No one is excempt, although some may be grandfathered in since they were here prior to the city incorporation.

However, state law says that what you described violates the warranty of habitability if those units are being lived in. Fire code would never allow an extension cord for power on a permanent resident structure, mobile or not. Mobile home fires, especially in older mobile homes, are often quick and deadly.

Fran Lemos'es stature in the community has nothing to do with it. If someone dies in a fire because of substandard living conditions and the city new about the problem and did nothing about it, the city would be sued, and the city would lose.

THe city cannot selectively enforce the building code, fire code, or health and safety code. I suspect it won't.