How about a gym

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
Stemsch
Wanderer
Wanderer

How about a gym

Post by Stemsch »

Why not try to get a Gold's or 24 hour fitness into this area :o
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

gym

Post by Paul Maguire »

THere is a 24hour down in Vallejo, but honestly, it is disgustingly filthy. There is also a golds, which is marginal but better.

As I understand it, Hess has a tenant in tow for his new project that wants to put in a gym- but that is probably a year or more out.

Post by Guest »

I heard the same info about Hess's plans, about a gym going in.. That would be great!
upset ex gold's member

Post by upset ex gold's member »

Gold's is a rip off. Great facilities but they will bend you over and you know what if you give them a chance. I would much rather get a small private gym where the owner is someone local. I had a membership w/Gold's asked them to cancel my membership and never heard from them again. I stopped going and then a month after my request my cc expired. I get a call from a collection agency collecting $380 in dues. Tried calling Gold's and no one in charge is ever there.No returned calls nothing. Sorry just had to rant!!
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

What I dont understand is why doesnt our local business community TRY to get these companies in? Are they not reading what the community wants? Why do they try to bring in companies they THINK we want then congratulate themselves and throw a party. What an accomplishment, another Real Estate or Insurance agency in town! Get the red tape and lets throw another party and talk to each about how awesome we are, then lets get the local media elites to write an article about how much "work" we did for bringing another in. Geez! Does anybody else see this or is it just me?

Dear business community, we dont want another real estate agency or insurance agency, what we want is a movie theatre, a gym, a kids zone, and some more restaurants. Work with the citizens and find out what they want, not what you think is best because the last thing we need is Napa or Vallejo dictating what is built in our town. Bring out the red tape when you successfully sell AmCan to get one of these businesses in. Thank you.