Fourth of July

Citizens! Got stuff to sell? Have a job you need filled? Want to let us know about a local event happening in town? All posts are subject to removal within 60 days. Registered users have the ability to edit and remove their posts at any time.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Registered users may edit or delete posts in this forum at any time. Also note that posts are subject for deletion after 60 days. Thank you.
Stacy Su

Fourth of July

Post by Stacy Su »

We are accepting applications for this years "Fourth of July" two day event.

I am looking forward to a great Fourth of July. This year we will have a separate children's stage offering performances from dance schools, magicians and reptile shows just to name a few. We have a full line of games and activity booths for children too. The older kids can enjoy the bike rodeo, three legged race and watermelon eating contest. Adults haven't been left out either, they can enjoy the bake contest, craft & arts booths.

On July Third hours are from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm and on the Fourth from 12:00 to 7:00 pm. The parade will be at its usual time of 10:00 am on the Fourth and the Fireworks display will start shortly after 9:00 pm.

If you or your organization would like to participate in this Old Fashion Family Fourth of July you can download your application at http://www.amcanfourthofjuly.com.

Post by Guest »

49erf8fuls
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by 49erf8fuls »

So what events will be held for the teenagers?
I see there is a skate board competition. Not all teenagers
ride skate boards. So what is this wonderful two day event
going to have for the TEENS of American Canyon to do?
So far from the flier its sounding like a waste of money.

Post by Guest »

Well, what did they have to do last year? Oh that's right, nothing.

teens

Post by Guest »

Teens will have a teen talent show, teen music, , bike rodeo, games will consist of games for all ages (are goal is twenty game booths), and contests. Scheduled throughout both days. The Fourth of July is a wonderful time of the year and we have been working hard to raise money from sponsors to cover cost for each event.

Please feel free to email me at stacysu@comcast.net with any ideas or suggestions, your willingness to volunteer.
Am Can mom
New User
New User

4th of July 49erf8fuls

Post by Am Can mom »

While I do not agree that a 2 day fourth event is great I am tired of those who complain. Maybe you should sponsor a teen event. Maybe you should have joined the committee and had your vote counted. The commitment of joining the committee requires a Wednesday evening once a month then picks up to once a week in June. The meetings usually last one hour or less. Don't complain before the event even happens. If you don't like it afterward just join the committee and be counted. This event is the most popular event in Am Can and while you may not like the commitee, it is the community that the committee is trying to serve. The City does not sponsor the events at the park. That is why it is important for you to join the committee instead of complaining. Let your voice be heard next year!