TurboTax Sucks, dont use it, buggy, support is useless

Citizens! Got stuff to sell? Have a job you need filled? Want to let us know about a local event happening in town? All posts are subject to removal within 60 days. Registered users have the ability to edit and remove their posts at any time.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Registered users may edit or delete posts in this forum at any time. Also note that posts are subject for deletion after 60 days. Thank you.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

TurboTax Sucks, dont use it, buggy, support is useless

Post by Issa »

I tried out TurboTax this year, its terrible. I found a bug in their calculation, reported it to their tech support. I got the run-around. I even looked up the tax law, spoke to an expert CPA, and proved to them I was right. Several support staff later and they still cant "figure out the issue". One person said "I will transfer you" then I got disconnected. They wont even admit I'm right and found a bug! I wouldnt use their software, buggy, dont take chances getting an audit. My bug had to do with the homeowner buyer credit. It did not calculate what I owed back correctly, and their software gave me errors when I manually tried to correct the error, stating I wasnt entering the right values, when I was.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Re: TurboTax Sucks, dont use it, buggy, support is useless

Post by Issa »

I went to my tax professional today (whos been doing it for over 35 years), we compared my turbotax results. I got 25% more money back using the professional. Turbotax sucks, dont use it. Doesnt even calculate your refund correctly.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

So again, I tried out turbotax. The same issue as last year. They had a year to fix the bug, its still not fixed. I recommend not using TurboTax.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

You're KIDDING!? Again? Bummer that I already purchased this years Turbo Tax... Thanks for the heads up Issa!
Member of the Loyal Opposition
Since 2008...
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computer ... botax.html

Dont take my word for it, read the 200+ negative reviews. Looks like HR block is better, maybe I'll try them out and compare to my CPA.