Santana Row

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
puameleea
New User
New User

Santana Row

Post by puameleea »

i heard that in a few years a new town center will be built with shops similar to that of santana row. any truth in this?
slvrnblk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Santana Row

Post by slvrnblk »

I doubt Amcan will get shops similar to Santana Row-Gucci, Dior, Louis Vuitton. I highly doubt it but it would be nice. I don't think Amcan would be able to support shops of that caliber but people are willing to drive from FAR away such as the shops in Gabazon-close to Palm Springs to purchase high end products. But I look at the "premium" outlets in Napa and there are not too many high end shops there and if you go there any time besides a holiday weekend, especially on a week day-that place is a ghost town!!
Heard It Before

Post by Heard It Before »

The so-called "Town Center" was proposed 20 years ago. All of us wanted this then but what happened? Nothing!
Instead...WalMart...Sonics...Radio Shack....Jamba Juice.........ETC!
It is really a shame that the past and present City Council members didn't follow through with the will of the people.
VicRiv
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VicRiv »

The town center project isn't under the control of past or current city council. It has been a project by private developers in conjunction (feedback) of council.
This was placed on the ballot several years ago and it passed. The developer then wanted the city to pay for much of the studies etc. City declined since the developer would benefit. Project manager leaves, developer has money problems. Hire new project manager-who leaves and back to starting over.
The concept and vision is there-but the environmental impact studies, reports and approvals themselves take many years.

Thanks for listening.