moving there?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
JudithPeli

moving there?

Post by JudithPeli »

Hi,

I currently live in NYC and I am considering moving to American Canyon.
I will be there to look the lask week in November. Is there any section of town I should or should not look at for houses?

Are there any unseen issues I should know about the real estate agents would not tell me?

My daughter is a teacher and will in need of a early childhood teaching position, any idea how much is standard pay for teachers?

Thanks for you help.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: moving there?

Post by ac94503 »

Judith,

I seriously think you are in for culture shock coming from NYC!

Over 20 yrs ago I thought I had moved to the "Country" compared to the S.F. Peninsula.

American Canyon is changing by the day...

As a community, it is peaceful and still growing.

As for areas you should avoid...check out the police reports on this site. (We seem to be making the newspaper in a more negative light lately) Unfortunately, with growth comes crime. Compared to other areas I would rate AC as very safe. We have excellent police and emergency response teams.

As for your daughter's profession...you asked about Early Childhood Development employment...You may want to contact Napa Valley College as to what the need is in the immediate area.

I am curious why you selected AC to relocate to?

I hope you enjoy your visit.
Matt123

Re: moving there?

Post by Matt123 »

Judith-

American Canyon is an incredibly diverse town, ethnically and economically, for its size. My sister lives in NYC so I get there a little bit and I agree that that speed is a great deal slower.. A pre-school that I am connected to pays its teachers between $8-15 depending on experience, etc.