4th of July

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
What's up

4th of July

Post by What's up »

I haven't heard anything about the 4th of July... Is it going to be 2 days or did the people who think they have power veto that? Can anyone give us an update? Should we stick around for the festivities?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Stacy Su

4th of July

Post by Stacy Su »

The 4th of July is going to be awesome this year. The 2 day festival is jam packed with events for families. Lots to do, you won't want to miss it. A big thank you to the business community for their generous donations in helping to make this a successful event. A big bonus this year is a trolley going through neighborhoods bringing people to and from the event.

We are still excepting volunteers to help out on both days. If you are interested please contact Cindy Coffey @ 707-695-0015. Happy 4th!
amcan mom 2

Post by amcan mom 2 »

I heard a rumor about an email circulating regarding the 4th and some of the groups that are usually involved. It is very unfortunate that these groups can't see the bigger picture so they could be involved in the 4th of July celebration. It is about community, not whether you like a person or not. But it is WONDERFUL that so many local businesses are stepping up and having booths and sponsoring events. It will be a nice change. I for one am tired of the "groups" thinking that the City will fall apart if they are not involved in something like the 4th. From what I have heard, this year's 4th committee is doing a great job. Some local groups chose to not be a part of this year so they were replaced. I am glad and can't wait to spend the day at Communty Park 1.
Long Time Resident

4th of July

Post by Long Time Resident »

I am very impressed with the signs posted all around American Canyon about the 4th celebration. Your posters are quite attractive. I wish you much success!
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Bike Rodeo

Post by Mel »

I took the kids down to the bike rodeo yesterday. Boy, my kids didn't want to go, but when we got down there they HAD A BALL! My kids are used to just riding a bit in the street and on the sidewalk. They had an Obstacle course a small ramp and a teeter totter. BAsically an agility course. I have to say, this gave the kids the confidence to "really ride" their bikes (should I notify Kaiser now?) hehe. My 5 year old and her training wheels....... Now she wants em off - NOW! Why? Because it was too hard going over the ramp with them! I just want to say THANKS, our kids had a great time!