What's Wrong With This Picture?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Post by ac94503 »

A new fire/police station is built on the East side of town but the developer has not been able to get CalTrans to cooperate and place a signal at Donaldson Way and 29? Maybe 6 months? What the hell were you guys thinking not to have that already installed before spending 8 Million?

God, I hope I don't have a heart attack!
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

Geesh, its always something around here, isn't it? This issue reminds me of an old joke about how the Navy spends money vs. how the Air Force would go about it:

The Navy will build the pier first, then the support facilities, then the mess hall and barracks, then if there is money left over, they'll build the enlisted club.

The Air Force, on the other hand, builds the enlisted club first, then the mess hall and barracks, then the support facilities. If there is money then left over, they build the runway.

It would seem that IF the project WAS correctly planned in the first place, and we can give it the benefit of the doubt, then this - um, how should we label it.. "oversight" WOULD have been taken into consideration. Caltrans can't even keep the Highway 29 corridor clean without a nine month time lag. California bureaucracy at its near finest, right behind the Department of Motor Vehicles...