where to repair ur pc

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.

where to repair ur pc

Post by Guest »

where do u guys go to repair ur pc's? I think mine is kinda broken... the internet is SLOWWWWwwwwww
PCGuy

Slow internet?

Post by PCGuy »

First thing I would do is to:

Right Click on Internet Explore Icon.
Go to Properties
Click on Tool and clean up all the junk on your drive.
The other is to run a thorough scan using spyblocks or error guard.

This will usually solve your problem..If not contact MasterTechs here in town. We use them for our personal and business PCs. Great service
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Run SpyBot and get rid of all your spyware, do a search for SpyBot Search and Destroy on the internet. You can call me on the weekend to walk you through too, I dont care.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.

Post by Guest »

Hey Issa -I just ran the scan for the Spybot program and it said I had over 3000 infected files! I have a program to do a yearbook on my computer and it looks as though some of these infected files are a part of that program. I am afraid to "cure" these files as I fear losing the files I need for this project. What do you think?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

I would recommend using a virus scanner instead because it seems as though you have a lot of viruses on your machine. I doubt you would be able to fix all of them, some files might have to be just deleted instead. I dont know if "fix" means it will clean the file or remove it, to my knowledge it removes only. You could also just not clean the yearbook files and clean everything else, you'll get rid of some but still have viruses.

Try the free online scan from Kaspersky, its by far my favorite, I highly recommend it over Norton and others, it finds viruses Norton doesnt find and isnt as buggy or bulky.

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner