A question to ACTS

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
Concerned

A question to ACTS

Post by Concerned »

Sindy,

I know this morning you and others put together packages for Valentines Day for the troops.

News reports today were extremely sad with over 25 servicemen killed in Iraq. I wonder if you could post names of American Canyon kids that are currently serving ?

Thank you
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Sindy, can you give me your address in response to this persons post as well, I would like to donate some more money from AmericanCanyon.com, thank you.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Sindy

American Canyon Troop Support

Post by Sindy »

I am not comfortable with posting names of our troops serving overseas who are from Am Cyn or any other place without that soldier's or family's permission. Unfortunately the media exploits our troops and I do not want to be a part of anything that might harm them. I have posted names (with permission) of various soldiers (Army,Marines, Airforce, Navy, etc) in the Echo who have been deployed or returned as well as shipping info. I will try to remember to keep Issa posted by sending him the letter as well. Please keep in mind ACTS does not have a list of every Am Cyn serviceman or woman who has served or is serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, so the list would not be complete. The only requirement needed ACTS be placed on the care package list is the serviceperson is stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Yes, as you said our country lost 25 US servicemen last weekend. It is extremely sad indeed. A loss of even one soldier is devastating alone. I received an e-mail the day after our packaging from a wife of a soldier asking us to remove one of the names she had previously given us....a female MP soldier assigned to her husband's unit. She explained her vehicle struck an IED. Sadly she reported the driver was killed and the female MP Soldier is in a coma and was transported to Germany. The military wife also reported her husband recently sustained injuries from a mortar blast, but is expected to recover. It has been a trying week. The sadness, stress and sorrow these families must be feeling are unimaginable. However, her e-mail went on to state how much the care packages mean to her husband and comrades in his unit. That truly sums up the mission of ACTS and thanks to many troop supporters and donations from the wonderful people in and around Am Cyn, as well as the City Council members & Committee members, Am Cyn.com, ACTS is able to provide a small, but meaningful thank you to our troops each month.

Last weekend's packages included 250 boxed Valentine hearts filled with candy plus many other goodies. We currently have 25 names, and keeping with tradition, we include enough items for 10 comrades. Anyone can come out and help and you will most likely meet some parents of soldiers who are serving our country. By all means give them a positive word or a sincere thank you for sharing their son or daughter with our country....keep in mind this is not the time or place to discuss your political views....which is strictly enforced.

Issa, I have always appreciated your support and your donations. All donations can be sent to ACTS, PO Box 10097, Am Cyn, 94503. Checks can be made out to ACTS. If you have products you would like to donate, you can either contact ACTS at ACTS511@Comcast.net or call at 707 319-7677. Thank you for everything, and thanks for supporting our troops.