Time to Reconsider?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.

Time to Reconsider?

Post by Guest »

Issa,

I know that there were many residents that wanted people to have to identify themselves when they posted. (Use your real name)

My question is: Have you looked at the open forum on the Napa Register lately... They are very successful in getting residents to respond to articles WITHOUT the identity requirement this site asks for.

Maybe it's time to open it up again?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

They are a little different by the way, the comments arent in real time and they screen every post before it gets published.

I didnt make that decision lightly believe me, I wanted to keep everything but I didnt have a choice. People would try to post under ten names, be rude, post anything they wanted. Ever since I forced user registration its dropped very much, now nobody can post under a different name, I watch for that very closely, and people are more constructive.

Nobody needs to know who you are, all I require is that you have a valid email address, so I am not sure what else is the issue, you can still use any name you want and stuff.

I guess the question is if we did it the other way, what will change? Whats the benefit? I know its one extra step to register but really its only about five minutes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.