The holidays are here!

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

The holidays are here!

Post by mindingcitybiz »

The holidays are here and I ask everyone to take time to remember their neighbors who are seniors. Many seniors are alone and it just takes a moment to brighten someones day who may be lonely on these days. A card, flowers or even dropping off a dinner plate can make the world of difference to someone who is by themselves.

May everyone have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

New Year!

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Issa, is their a way you can set up where people can send you private information for families or seniors in need so people can adopt a family or senior this holiday season? Maybe it can be worked together with the police department.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Hmmm, that would work. So where will everything get sent to and who will send it though?
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

How about the ACPD? They could play santa and it would bring them more in touch with the community.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

You have to ask them then. I like all the ideas people give me I just dont know how to implement them, if people know how to do it, lets do it.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
AC94503-

Senior Assistance

Post by AC94503- »

MCB

I remember reading in the Post that Joann Gillen wrote an article about starting up a grassroots organization in AC for senior services. The contact #707-226-2896.

Also, the Volunteer Center of Napa County have several senior programs that residents may qualify for all kinds of assistance. But they also need the local volunteers. You may want to contact them in regard to an outreach program for our local seniors.
AC94503-

Volunteer Center

Post by AC94503- »

View website of Volunteer Center of Napa Valley at
http://www.volunteernapa.org
Santa's helper

help for holidays

Post by Santa's helper »

Try contacting Dr. Sherry Tennyson at the Family Resource Center, located in the Boys' and Girls' Club building at 60 Benton Way, American Canyon. She is gathering information for the annual food and gift program, sponsored by the service organizations (Kiwanis, Lions, Soroptomists), Boy Scouts and others.
mindingcitybiz
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mindingcitybiz »

Sounds great, lets see how many onliners we can get involved in this activity for the community. Issa I will email the ACPD today to see if we can get something rolling with them.