home prices

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.

home prices

Post by Guest »

what do you guys think of the recent boom and bust with home prices? how bad has it affected your guys area? Ive seen some crappy homes
in crappy neighborhoods spike up two times in value about a year or so ago...
InLuvW/AMCAN

Home Prices

Post by InLuvW/AMCAN »

The older homes have been hit the hardest, but they were also way over priced too. 1100 sq. feet going for 500k and typically needing to be completely remodeled.

I feel the pricing market is probably more realistic. I know my home has decreased by about 30K from last year. Homes are sitting on the market between 6 to 8 weeks. This is a clear sign that the market has final stablized. It is back to a sellers market.

The one thing I would like to quit seeing is price reduced all on ever for sale sign, especially after a house has been on the market for only 4 weeks. If the real estate agent priced the property appropiately in the first place maybe more people would be interested in purchasing the property.

Over all American Canyon is a great community to live in. I have the best neighbors and we are reasonable close to the major communities. 45 mins to SF (75 mins during commute), 7 mins to the Vallejo Ferry, 15 mins to Concord, 45 to Sacramento (1 hr during commute time), 20 mins. to Marin and the beautiful Napa Valley wine country is our backyard.

What more could you want.

OOps!

Post by Guest »

I meant to say a buyers market LOL