The Post

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
News Reader

The Post

Post by News Reader »

I haven't received an Am Can Post for several months. I look forward to that paper in my mailbox every other month or so. Is it still in production and when is the next issue?

Post by Guest »

I heard it would be coming out soon. I guess Cindy Coffey has had other things going on and her paper just took the back burner. I miss it too.
Maggie

Paper

Post by Maggie »

I asked her this last Friday Night and she told me that she has new interns that are revamping the look of the paper with each intern getting 8 pages. Apparently she does this every other year for the new interns to get experience. She told me it is going to press next Friday and in our mailboxes by the following week. I can't wait personally. I enjoy it tremendously too.
allstar04
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by allstar04 »

I for one am glad that I haven't seen the Post in my mailbox. It is no better that Harry Martin's Napa Sentinel. I know of several people who have written letters to the editor that have not been published due to having differences of opinion with Cindy. I want to read about positive things that are going on in our City - not political opinions and negatives.
Itsy Bitsy

Not seeing the Post

Post by Itsy Bitsy »

So I guess you don't have a problem with not receiving the Echo either due to their not printing letters to the editor and also being selective where they deliver the paper.
allstar04
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by allstar04 »

Not really. I have never received the ECHO on a consistent basis. However, at least when I did recieve the ECHO it covered events that were happening in the community albeit a little out of date at times. I am not really happy with any of our local publications. Like I said earlier, I want to read about positive things that are going on in our City. I want to know what events are taking place. I want to know who is making a difference in our community. There are a lot of good things going in our community. Someone should be covering that.

The Post

Post by Guest »

I was really pleased to see the Post in my mailbox today. Some powerful stuff in this issue and worth a second read.
allstar04
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by allstar04 »

After reading the first article, my copy promptly went in the trash. I have even called to have my name removed from the mailing list. I am so tired of reading negative and slanted news articles. It is very obvious who the Post is supporting. And what is with writing an article using the name "staff writer"? What, too ashamed to use your own name? :evil:
Frankie G
Informant
Informant

Post by Frankie G »

I have seen articles in the Register, The Times Herald, the Echo and the Eagle - all always contain articles by "Staff Writer" - If you read Syndicated newspapers, you also will find "Staff Writers". All newspapers are perceived as slanted or biased to the left or to the right, more to the left.