Suggestion for Forum

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
Voter

Suggestion for Forum

Post by Voter »

Issa, what would you think of setting up an "Ask The Candidate" forum for the next couple of months? Or maybe they could post their views on I think you call it "My Page"? Just a suggestion...
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

So I think you are asking for two things 1) A place where people can ask the candidate questions and 2) A place for a candidate to post a profile.

1) I would first ask, what is wrong with using the forums the way they are already for this? Anybody can post a question and ask them, or should we add a separate section for the candidates.

2) I think this is a cool idea, I dont mind giving away space online for all the candidates, like a page http://www.americancanyon.com/~issaformayor or whatever.

I have VIP passes to the Journey concert tomorrow over here so I am busy right now thinking about other things! But give me a day or two to ponder about this and figure something out.

In the mean time feel free to post any other ideas you all may have.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
voter

Forum for the Candidates

Post by voter »

Issa,

Years ago, "Foreign" was one of my favorite groups. Have a great time!

Once the suggestion was made regarding a forum for the Sheriff's Dept you created a site almost immediately...I think the Sheriff's Dept's availability to the public, without visiting the station, is both popular with the Dept and the public. Excellent job! Your site is providing a public service not available previously.

Re: "Ask the Candidate" site, I would hope that residents in AC during this election, would be told about your site and you would be able to turn around a negative (in some people's opinion) into a positive. But that does remain to be seen.

As I said it is just a suggestion and more feedback may be needed.
Resident

Another Forum Suggestion

Post by Resident »

If it is not too much work, possibly invite each candidate to an evening of their own on line to answer questions from the public.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

Like using the chat room? I like that idea. Problem is you gotta get the candidate willing to participate. Good ideas keep them coming, I'll plan something by the end of the week.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

Afterthoughts: Also with the chat room conversation it would have to be monitored in real time. Anybody would be able to post anything they want to the candidate. There should ideally be a question and answer process to which a user can submit a question and they can answer accordingly. A lot to think about in order to get this working.
Voter

Feedback

Post by Voter »

I was hoping that some of the candidates that visit this site would give some feedback to these ideas.