AMERICAN CANYON SIGN

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
napaseller
Historian
Historian

AMERICAN CANYON SIGN

Post by napaseller »

anyone know what happened to the $10,000 sign that was purchased and not able to be put up? the last i read anything about it was over a year ago, maybe even two.

Post by Guest »

Isnt that what they are working on, on the north west corner of SR29 and W. American Canyon Rd?
maygoddess

yeah..they are working on it

Post by maygoddess »

Yeah..that burm(dirt pile) on the corner that is being constructed is for the new sign.

I think the hold up was just getting the owner of the lot to agree to allow the sign to be there..I think it is PG&E...lots of back and forth since they constructed the sign. But it was finally agreed upon an dthey are preparing the land for it now.

My husband is inthe AmCan Chamber of Commerce so he usually finds out what is going on around here that way!
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

A sign of the times

By DAN JUDGE, Times-Herald staff writer

AMERICAN CANYON - After five years of making its way through bureaucratic red tape and logistical nightmares, American Canyon's unwelcome "welcome" sign has finally found a permanent home.
The large scenic sign, which greets visitors to the city with the proclamation that it is "the gateway to the Napa Valley," was unveiled at the intersection of American Canyon Road and Highway 29 by the Chamber of Commerce late last week.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/Storie ... 67,00.html