New Gym

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
Weightlifter

New Gym

Post by Weightlifter »

Does anyone know what hours the facility in Canyon Plaza are open to sign up for a membership to the new gym coming to town?
merryjester
Historian
Historian

new gym

Post by merryjester »

Not sure, but I recall they're pretty restricted - 10am-ish to not that late in the afternoon. I was in there a few weeks ago to check out the plans for the gym, and it doesn't look half bad. The equipment they'll have is all brand new, but not top-of-the-line stuff... Only 2 of the type of elliptical my wife prefers. But still, much better than anything else within 5 miles, eh? And there's nothing like a fresh, new gym...

BTW, they're not offering any sort of earlybird sign up special, no discounts for paying a year in advance, etc. Also, they're not going to impose a limit on membership counts... So my advice would be to do like me: wait for it to open, get a look at it to make sure it's worth the rate (which is a bit on the high side), then commit your dollars. There's no downside, and you can keep your cash until you're sure it's the place for you.
Future Member

Gym

Post by Future Member »

Does anyone have the actual date the new gym in AC will open?
More Info

New Gym

Post by More Info »

The owners of the new gym were at Friday Night at the Plaza (Canyon Plaza).. They are still offering $100 off the Sign up fee for the remainder of JULY.

The tentative opening is Mid-August and first payments will be charged in September.

for more info contact (707)644-4110.
weightlifter

Post by weightlifter »

I rec'd a postcard from the new gym in town and wonder how much is the fee to enroll. The card says $100 discount on enrollment fee. I live in American Canyon and wonder how much is it going to cost me to enroll. I know they do offer several payment plans yrly, monthly... And I am very interested in joining. But an enrollment fee may not make it possible for me to join. Will there be a free sign up month coming up? I noticed at 24 hr. in Vallejo they are offering memberships with no sign up fee. Also, is there a family plan...maybe my mom, dad or sister would be interested in joining me at the gym...