High School in AC

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
person

ac highschool?

Post by person »

is american canyon building a highschool? and if so when will it be done? i think it should be well thought out if they are going to build one cause the middle school was not very well its first few years, i was the second class to graduate from the middle school and i was behind in math and english, all my other friends went to silverado, and they where way ahead of me, so something should be done to help that school is its ever built.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

AM CAN HIGH SCHOOL

Post by mattbb61 »

Yes, there WILL be a high school constructed, but not for a few years; tentively @ 2007-ish. I attended a monthly meeting with the Napa Unified School District Superintendant where the word was put out that it WILL happen. However, the first priority is a new elementary school to be built in the area of the corner where Fairgrounds and American Canyon Blvd meet. The High School, from what I understand, will be located farther down American Canyon Blvd (towards I-80), where that old burnt out house on the hill was, across from the new housing. Nice to know my daughters will NOT EVER have to be bused.

High school

Post by Guest »

Just a reminder that there are active meetings going on with NVUSD to get the High School built. There was a editorial in the Eagle regarding the low turnout. Stay tuned for the next meetings and try to come! Everyone should be inputing on this great venture.
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

yay that sound like a good area but by the time they build it i will be out of school owel

Post by GUEST »

LOW TURNOUT = NOT PROMOTED WELL, NO ONE KNEW ABOUT, JUST THE SAME OLD PEOPLE-THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO SHOW UP.

Inform Us...

Post by Guest »

If you really want a new high school in AC, you need to know where to get the information about meetings. Communication has been one of the biggest problems in AC (and other cities) for years. There has to be a place or general area that residents are given the information regarding: "EVERY" meeting going on in our city!
After I learned that "Abbeville" was also"adopted" by Half Moon Bay, I went to that "City's" newsletter and low and behold someone is accusing that "City" of posting meeting agendas on a dumpster behind a city building.
Maybe, our elected representatives could focus on how to inform the residents of important issues that will affect their future here in A.C.

Post by Guest »

I heard about the meeting plain as day in the paper. If your a resident of the city you should read the paper to find out whats going on in your community. Not really that hard. Just because it wasnt posted on the tip of your nose.

Post by Guest »

In Friday night football action...The American Canyon High School Patriots beat the Fran Lemos High School Falcons 24-7 in grid iron action at American Canyon's Newell Stadium. Afterwards members of both teams were seen eating at TGI Fridays on Broadway.

High School in AC

Post by Guest »

Parents: Go to the meetings and get heard before the "City" decides what you want for your kids...The "City" continues to make decisions that are crucial to your children's future...This should be a parent and "City" cooperative decision...Don't settle for less than what Vintage High School already offers...