What about Hospitals?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.

What about Hospitals?

Post by Guest »

I am cdlbr2000's husband :lol: We are thinking about moving to Am Can soon. We take care of my 87 year old uncle (who still drives) as well as my bed ridden mom... Where is the nearest hospital to AmCan? What do you think of the care offered by the hospital? Where do we go to find Dr's? Where we now live the hospital system here sucks. If you go to the ER plan to take a lunch unless you are having a heart attack, then you plan a funeral. I hope we won't be getting into the same situation up there in Am Can. Please voice your thoughts for me as this is a big deciding factor for our move.
Mickeydim468

P.S. I am going to be working for Pinole Pacific cable who provides service to some or all of your Mobile Home parks there in AmCan. :D The high speed internet service topic I read said there is none available right now. The reason I am moving up there is to rebuild the cable systems in the parks to offer more channels as well as high speed internet service for them. This helps a little but I hope a larger picture will be taken care of elsewhere because I need high speed internet for my work. I will not be living in a mobile home as they are too small for my family of 8. Please reply to this as well as the listings on here seemed to be last year. Has anything been done?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Well there arent any hospitals in town but theres Kaiser in Vallejo about 10 minutes drive and you can also go to a Napa hospital which is probably about 20 minutes. I cant speak for the Napa care but in my opinion going to Kaiser for years, it isnt the best nor was it the worst, was about average.

Our Fire District is basically our hospital and they're highly trained in health services, and one of the top districts in the state as I saw when I got to talk to them for a few hours when I did a story, they have an ambulance too.

As far as the high speed access, its been an on going topic for about two years now in the boards and now you can get access around town but your choice and area are really limited.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.