Golf Course

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.

Golf Course

Post by Guest »

Years ago, a golf course was supposed to go in on the old Avila Ranch, now where the high school is supposed to be built. The old out building that was built, was supposed to be apart of that plan. Now since the high school is going in there, any thoughts of having a golf course built? This would have been a good location, but a high school is more important. I one day dream of the old dumps having a beautiful green lawn area. Could this be a site of a new golf course, or would you rather have a park here like, aka. Kennedy Park in Napa? A golf course just might fit in to this area. Please respond with your thoughts.
The opinionated 1

Open Space

Post by The opinionated 1 »

That idea has been proposed (old dump = golf course, park).
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Paul Maguire »

San Leandro did it. They turned the old landfill into a golf course and walking park. In another area, they put in an exercise course with a long walking asphalt trail around it. It is very popular.

I similar park could be put at the old landfill. Perhaps a 9 hole could be put by the high school to teach golf and have a small 9 hole course in town.

Who knows, anything is possible.

golf course!

Post by guest »

you know they just said that the other parks need attention, they have a group working on the landfill park, are you on that committee? Maybe you should go to the meetings and suggest it, It is a City that has needs, not sure that with Chardonay having problems that that is such a good idea. Talk to the open space people they might see it your way before you claim they had it all planned out without you. That is exactly how people think things work here you know so take the innitiative to make your idea known.