Live music in American Canyon?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
NotNapa

Live music in American Canyon?

Post by NotNapa »

i have lived here in beautiful American Canyon for the past three years and my wife and i have been talking about getting a business started for a while now.

we would like to open up some sort of music club or music hall. i have noticed that there is a complete lack of places to hear live music in American Canyon and Napa...and i'm wondering why. we have a skate park, but no place to gather and hear live music.

anyone know why?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Friday Night Live

Post by Issa »

There is an event during the summer called Friday Night Live. Its every friday and they have live music there.
williest
New User
New User

Post by williest »

^ really and where would this be held at? I've been trying to find out things to do in this city for almost two yrs now and have been unsuccessful. I love this city but being a college student and all there is literally nothing to do unless I drive away. please let me know thanks
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/Storie ... rch=filter

AMERICAN CANYON Friday Nights at the Plaza, a summer-long weekly community celebration presented by the city of American Canyon, makes its annual debut at the Canyon Plaza business center today.
For eight consecutive Fridays, the event features live entertainment and a variety of vendors who will offer fresh produce, food, crafts, jewelry and apparel.

Ongoing children's activities include a rock climbing wall, jump castles, pony rides, face painting, balloon twisting as well as arts and crafts.

The event is held at Canyon Plaza on Highway 29 near Crawford ways from 6 to 9 p.m. on Fridays through Aug. 27.

Special themes and performers for each night include:

- Today, July 9: "Sizzling Salsa Night" Musical guest David Correa and Cascada will present Latin and multicultural music. Popo the Clown will present a magic show at 7:30 p.m.

- July 16: "Turn Back the Clock" The Retro Rock It Band plays a blend of music from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

- July 23: "Karaoke Night" DJ Mark Berto lets the public provide the entertainment.

- July 30: "Rhythm and Blues Night" Full Circle Review plays R&B, dance, funk and Latin music. Popo the Clown presenting a magic show at 7:30 p.m.

- Aug. 6: "All that Jazz" Musical guest Lili Layton and the Jazz Doctors play traditional jazz with a touch of blues. Popo the Clown puts on his magic show at 7:30 p.m.

- Aug. 13 : Retro Rock" The Voltones play rock n' roll, funk and R&B from the 60s and 70s.

- Aug. 20: "Island Grooves" Musical guest Kathy Quain and Friends play summer tunes and island rhythms. Popo the Clown performs at 7:30 p.m.

- Aug. 27: "Kid's Night Out" Featuring DJ J Wade along with Lorrie King's All City Dance & Cheer performance at 7 p.m.

- For more information, contact the American Canyon Community Services Department at 648-7275.
napaseller
Historian
Historian

Live music in the Canyon

Post by napaseller »

Blue Grass, I hope.
Friday nights ends next week, and then what? Although there will be music in Vallejo on Wednesdays and some concerts coming up; also in Vallejo.
And, while I'm here, why does Friday nights only last for such a short time?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder

Post by Issa »

Well the idea behind Friday Night Live is its suppose to be in the summer. Last year it was a decent turnout, but I think there really isnt a lot of people to make it a longer event. Hopefully next year it'll be larger.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.