Interest in Independent Schools?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
aaron

Interest in Independent Schools?

Post by aaron »

Hello.

I'm wondering if there is anyone here in American Canyon that has any interest in getting their children into an independent school?

My son attends Blue Oak School. Blue Oak School is an independent school in Napa that has grades K - 5, with plans to build a middle school for 6th grade and beyond (not quite yet though).

I was approached by Blue Oak to find out if anyone in American Canyon would be interested in learning more about their school. So what do you say American Canyon? Does an independent school sound like something you might be interested in for your children?

There are plans in the works for a meeting with the head of the school, Scott Duyan, and any interested parents. it's most likely going to be held at my home (in American Canyon of course), but depending on how many parents are interested it may be somewhere else (still in American Canyon).

If you are at all interested, or would like to ask me a question, please contact me via email at: aebellers@earthlink.net

or check out the Blue Oak School web site: http://www.blueoakschool.com/

thanks!
Aaron

ps. this school is amazing...it has really changed the way i look at and think about "independent" schools.
aaron

Post by aaron »

just to give a little update, there will be a meeting for "new parent applicants" coming up at my home in late (maybe mid) january.

please feel free to contact me if you have any questions: aebellers@earthlink.net

or contact anyone at Blue Oak School via their web site: http://www.BlueOakSchool.org

thank you!

Aaron

independent schools

Post by guest »

I think that it is great you have your child in an independent school, but if we had our own school district in American Canyon with no lack of funding and super accomodations wouldn't that make more sense?

That way all children in American Canyon would enjoy the benefits of a small intimate setting that was well staffed and well funded. No more segregation or separation we are getting that from Napa. Let's be self sufficient and leaders with our childrens education.

Support our own school district by supporting the candidate who believes it is an option. Vote for Cindy Coffey who wants to invest our tax dollars in our district. Not support the other schools at our expense.

But if your child is happy there by all means until we achieve this goal I would keep them there if I could afford it. At least you are taking a stand.