Movie Theater in AC?

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
hobbit94503
Wanderer
Wanderer

Movie Theater in AC?

Post by hobbit94503 »

Heya!!
I'm one of the youth in AC, and I would REALLY like to see a Movie Theater here. The closest one that I know of is all the way in Vallejo. (Century Theaters) Has anybody else thought about this? With the price of gas these days, my Mom can't afford to take me every time that I want to go. -And for me, movies are life! LOL :)

I'm just hoping that somebody really important will read this post, and give it some serious thought.

P.S. If you do build one, I wanna work there!! (calls dibs -LOL) It would be a dream come true!! ^_^

-Ruby
Stemsch
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stemsch »

:D Hey, now there's an idea ! :o
Rick Thein

Movie Theater In AC

Post by Rick Thein »

I too think that would be a great idea if a theater could be built. I would also like to suggest that we try to see if we can get Farrells Old time Ice Cream Parlour to open a shop here. They were very popular a long time ago (when I was young and dinosaures roamed the earth). They have been making a small comeback and would fit our community like a glove. They can be contacted at http://www.farrellsusa.com :D
hobbit94503
Wanderer
Wanderer

Mmmmm...

Post by hobbit94503 »

A movie Theater with an Ice Cream Shop next to it......Heaven.... :D =P~ =D> \:D/ :mrgreen:
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

good idea

Post by neo94503 »

Hi im a youth in AC and that would be a great idea but what are the pro and cons of this

PROS CONS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
more jobs trafic
a place for us teens to violance(dont no how)
hang out
movies of corse
you dont need to drive to it (gas is to high)

if you know any more pleas post

Neo has spoken
hobbit94503
Wanderer
Wanderer

That's better..

Post by hobbit94503 »

Glad to see people thinking about this!! YAY!! Think people, THINK!! :)

*sighs happily* All registered, and with a Mahoro avatar. :)

-Ruby
"Dirty thoughts are bad!" - Mahoro

things for kids

Post by guest »

Just thought you may want to hear from a parent who raised 2 kids here...
I moved a very young family into AC 20 years ago. There was Rio del Mar park and Donaldson Way School for entertainment. Pretty sad for young kids. But we survived. Dis you know there use to be a bowling alley next to Larry's Toppers. From what I understand the building is not earthquake safe...I do not know if the alleys & pins etc are still in the building but maybe one of you would like to investigate...
Also, Farrell's use to be a pretty upbeat place... Great for birthday parties
for all ages...Like that suggestion...also, good place to go after a date...If you kids still do that?

message for rick

Post by guest »

Is Farrell's a franchise?
Rick Thein

Movie Theater in AC

Post by Rick Thein »

No. In the 80's Farrells was bought out by Marriots and they tried to turn it into a TGI Fridays type restraunt. That was very popular back then. Within a couple years, all of the Farrells Restraunts had failed. Marriots still owns the name and licensing, as far as I know. There is one Farrells now open in Santa Clarita (near San Diego) that is run like the original ice cream parlours were. I think it is run by a buisness association called Kiran Group. You can learn a little about it on the Farrells web site.
As you all know by now, it is difficult, if not illegal for our government to pick and choose which specific company comes into our town. They can say " this area is for stoes and shops, This area is for industrial, this is mixed use" but they can't say we want a restraunt as long as its' not Cattlemens, Black Angus, ect. What I'm really suggesting is that we as citizens, write to the buisnesses we would like to see here and invite them into our community. If a company sees it has community support it just may decide its worth look and in that way you have helped bring the things you want into your community
Paul Maguire
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Rooftops bring businesses

Post by Paul Maguire »

THe more rooftops we have, the more businesses that will have interest here as there is a base of support. Several of us who have had businesses here have seen growth with the new residents- and thats a good thing!

Bingo

Post by Guest »

I wonder how difficult it would be to set up a BINGO facility in AC. Napa uses the fairgrounds and service organizations run the games with their own volunteers. It's been going on for years so their must be some money to be made by all. I think this would be a great entertainment addition especially for the seniors of the community. Groups like the VFW, PTA's, Kiwanis Club, church groups could run the games a couple days/evenings a week. Possibly they could hook it up with the Duck to commute seniors from the mobile home parks and residential areas. Maybe there is a facility that would be available already such as a church hall, Boys & Girls Club, mobile home park recreation rooms, the Little League Building Complex.
From what I've seen in Napa, BINGO is BIG!

Drive in Movie Theatre

Post by Guest »

Whatever happened to the old drive-in movie theatres. Maybe someone would like to bring the old times back and look to the Green Island Road area for more entertainment purposes. Certainly, a big white screen would be more appealing than the many salvage yards along that road.
I think everyone agrees entertainment in American Canyon is lacking.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

MOVIE THEATER

Post by mattbb61 »

If we DO get a movie theatre, PLEASE let it be one like you can find in Vacaville, with stadium seating! :D
hobbit94503
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hobbit94503 »

Stadium seating....... *drools*....

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
"Dirty thoughts are bad!" - Mahoro