Garbage Can Divers

This forum is to ask Questions about our city. Are there any simple questions other residents could answer? Are you new? Issues concerning our city should only be posted in the General section, this is for simple questions and answers, allowing "guests" the ability to quickly post without having to go through registration.

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Keep topics to simple questions about American Canyon. Anybody may post in this forum. Thank you.
Observer

Garbage Can Divers

Post by Observer »

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing people sorting through their recycle bins for bottles and cans?
I no longer can put out my garbage for pickup until that morning just to keep these scavengers out of my trash.
Isn't it against the law to go into people's garbage? I know times are tough but this feels like an invasion of my privacy...Also, if all of the bottles and cans are removed won't our rates eventually increase if the garbage company doesn't recover these fees?
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Re: Garbage Can Divers

Post by Issa »

I think the moment you put it outside, its public, so nothing you can do from people digging in the trash. Yea it makes your trash rates go up too because they cant recoup the recycling costs. Or you can always spray them with the hose or something, that'll stop them.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.