Stand Up Gas Scooter

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Annoyed At Noise

Stand Up Gas Scooter

Post by Annoyed At Noise »

Officers, there are teen aged kids at the west end of Knightsbridge Way who are riding a gas powered stand-up scooter up and down that street and Chaucer. It makes quite a bit of noise, goes nearly 25+ mph, and the kids are never in a helmet, nor do they stop for the traffic signs. Isn't this illegal? Also, the kids were doing this during school hours this afternoon, so I think a truancy officer would come into play as well, don't you think? If so, let us know, and I will call dispatch the next time I see them riding it.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Stand Up Gas Scooter

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

If the items you listed are occurring and you feel that you should call the police, THEN CALL.... Your first instinct is usually the best.

As for the scooter, yes you have listed several violations in your description, and there may be more violations occurring; like the need to have a valid driver's license to operate a motorized scooter. The street maybe illegal for a scooter to be operated on if it has a speed limit over 25MPH and there is no bike lane etc...

So if this continues, don’t confront the scooter people, call us. We will respond to the location you describe and if violations are noted the officer will take some form of enforcement action.

Thank you for your time and I hope this helped.
Annoyed At Noise

Re: Stand Up Gas Scooter

Post by Annoyed At Noise »

Yes it does, thank you!