Airsoft

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
jc08

Airsoft

Post by jc08 »

Is there a place here in AC (ie unincorporated land, abandoned lots) where family and friends can legally play airsoft?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Airsoft

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

As far as I know there are no abandoned lots within the city. There is an area in the northern portion of Napa Couty owned by BLM and open to the public for such uses. The area is Knoxville and can be found at the north end of Napa County on Knoxville Berryessa Road, about 30 minutes past Lake Berryessa.
OfficerThurmon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
SpamStop: NO

Post by OfficerThurmon »

Part of the Knoxville area is owned and operated by the California Department of Fish and Game. There may be hunting and/or target shooting occuring in the area, as well as DFG wildlife management operations. I was an employee of DFG when it was aquired by the Department, and have hunted and target shot in that area. For further information on the area, contact the DFG Yountville regional office at (707) 944-5500.
jc08

Post by jc08 »

Thanks for the input.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Knoxville OHV is not owned by Fish and Game it is under the control of B.L.M. The F&G land is south of Knoxville.

Knoxville OHV is located at mile post marker 32, on Knoxville Berryessa Road. F&G's land is located south of this, along both the east and west side of the road. BUT also know that U.C. Davis has land in this area too. The University land has been clearly marked with signs prohibiting firearms, which also includes simulated or replica firearms.

If you want to read more, here is a link to the Bureau of Land Management’s web site…

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/ukiah/knoxville.html

ALSO.... Be sure to meet us there for the annual clean up day on May 4th, 2008 starting at 8 AM. Bring some gloves, a rake and shovel and you can help yourself and others keep this recreation area open and useful. Afterward, at about noon, we have a bar-b-que, sponsored by the Napa County Sheriff’s Department, BLM and local businesses and Off Road Clubs… It is really a good time for everyone to meet and see what other uses the Knoxville are has to offer your community...
OfficerThurmon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
SpamStop: NO

Post by OfficerThurmon »

Deputy Brownlee,

Not sure what Knoxville OHV is, just giving input on the area of Knoxville that is owned by F&G. Should be known as Knoxville Wildlife Management Area.

But, I've been away from home for quite a while. Just trying to help....