Early morning disturbance

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
wired

Early morning disturbance

Post by wired »

Every weekend beginning at approximately 6:45am - 7:00am for the past 2 years is a very load noise that I can only describe as some sort of an air tool (sounds like a nail gun).

This distributive noise has woken my family so many times now that I’m not willing to tolerate it anymore.

Is the ACPD aware of any related complaints?

What steps should I take to address this issue?

Thanks

Re: Early morning disturbance

Post by Guest »

Depending on where you live -- I believe what you are hearing are gunshot sounds. I know I am hearing this every Saturday morning about that time. I believe the gunshots are from the hunting club or something like that out in the marshland. I could be wrong as I am merely just guessing.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Early morning disturbance

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Wired,

Since I do not know where in the city your residence is, I will have to hazard a guess as to the noise that is disturbing you. If like the other poster replied it is during the fall/winter months and about sunrise, then I too would say it is the waterfowl hunters in the Fish and Game area west of our city. This area is a state hunting preserve for citizens to use as described by the Fish and Game regulations.

BUT, if the noise is not from the hunters, then you may contact the police department at 648-0171 when the noise is taking place and ask for an officer to respond to determine if the noise is in violation of a city or county ordinance. (Nail guns fall under the construction restrictions)

P.S. The other postings were removed since they had no relative information to this person’s question.