POLICE ACTIVITY on Rio Del Mar

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

POLICE ACTIVITY on Rio Del Mar

Post by Guest »

I live on RDM and was quite started by the 4 police cars I saw accelerating at very high speeds around 10:15 Thursday night. I am just curious as to what was going on? Not needing "details", but was this a robbery in progress, domestic violence?? I have seen ACPD on their way to scenes before, but never this fast in a residential area.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: POLICE ACTIVITY on Rio Del Mar

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

I wasn't on duty that evening, but I looked at the Shift Log and noticed there was a suicide attempt about this time. More than likely the medical response was staging, awaiting for the police to arrive, before the medics could enter that type of scene. Typically medical personnel will not enter a violent scene until it has been secured by law enforcement.

Re: POLICE ACTIVITY on Rio Del Mar

Post by Guest »

Thank you Officer Brownlee. I appreciate your response. I just knew that it wasn't a normal police response, and figured it was something serious.