Trailers on Street

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
49erf8fuls
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Trailers on Street

Post by 49erf8fuls »

There is a 5th wheel trailer parked on Chaucer since Sept. 2nd. How long can it be parked there before it has to find a storage space?
Getting around the bend when there is traffic can be hairy with the speeds everyone whips around the neighborhood doing, then you through in
a trailer sitting at the curb and its an accident waiting to happen. I have contacted the code enforcement officer, trailer still there.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Trailers on Street

Post by mattbb61 »

Its my understanding that like all other vehicles parked on the public roads, they have 72 hours. Then they must be "moved," the definition of which tends to vary with whom you talk to. Then again, I am not privy to the most up to date vehicle codes... :(

Sure wish I could trade THAT problem for having to hear the vehicles come and go by my corner home with the filthy Rap and Hip Hop blaring... I would WELCOME a dozen fifth wheels in trade! :)
Member of the Loyal Opposition
Since 2008...
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Trailers on Street

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Q: There is a 5th wheel trailer parked on Chaucer since Sept. 2nd. How long can it be parked there before it has to find a storage space?

A: The City Ord. states all vehicles must be moved within 72 hours. The 72 hours begins to run when the police have marked the vehicle for removal. If you have vehicle(s) that are being stored on the city streets, feel free to call our office at 551-0600 and report them. They will be tagged and if not removed, they will be cited and/or towed. Thank you......