Stop here on red sign

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Stop here on red sign

Post by Issa »

Hi there, what exactly does "Stop here on red" mean? Does that mean stop at the red light then go when theres no traffic or does it mean stop at the red light until it turns green. I'm trying to research online but I'm not too clear about what exactly a motorist is to do, I've seen people stop entirely and some people going, I am confused, thanks!
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Issa, it’s hard to tell exactly what you are referring to but if I get your question right, you are referring to an intersection which is controlled by lights. There is a sign on a near by pole or post that instructs you to stop here (arrow pointing down or close by). This sign is meant to have you stop prior to the pole that the light is suspended from. We have an intersection similar to this at Mini Drive and Broadway in north Vallejo. The intersection has train tracks running near it, so the traffic control is set to stop you short of being on the train tracks when the light is red. Keeps you from being caught on the track when a train is coming....

Anyway, if the light turns red the limit line is when you should stop and/or where indicated by another traffic control sign.

Hope this answered your question and if anyone else has such questions, feel free to stop by FRIDAY NIGHTS AT THE PLAZA this Friday (July 21st), both of your traffic officers will be there and will be available to answer your questions and explain any of the traffic related equipment we use. Or visit us at the police department Monday through Friday.