Wake up call-

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

Wake up call-

Post by Guest »

And what made the alarm go off so early on a Sunday morning? Was it a car chase or something??? I have to say, the airplane circling around was MUCH quieter than the helecopter!
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

See today's Napa Register- go online at napanews.com.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

One of the American Canyon Officers was injured while responding to an incident. For further details refer to the Napa Register's article:

AmCan standoff ends in arrest
By CARLOS VILLATORO, Register Staff Writer
Monday, July 17, 2006 1:12 AM PDT
An American Canyon man faced-off against police for 30 minutes early Sunday morning. The standoff ended with American Canyon Police officers taking Marlon Prado, 27, into custody on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.

The incident happened at 6:35 a.m., at a home on the 300 block of Kensington Way in American Canyon. Prado woke up causing problems inside his home, said Napa County Sheriff's Sgt. Doug Pace.

American Canyon Police received a call about a domestic dispute at the address and when a lone officer arrived at the home and knocked on the door, Prado opened it and had a screwdriver in his hand, Pace said.

"He stabbed the deputy in the right bicep," Pace said.

The deputy then hit Prado with a taser gun but it had no effect, Pace said. During the subsequent struggle, Prado unsuccessfully tried to stab the officer once more.

"The gentleman did say he wanted to die," Pace said. "It was probably a suicide-by-cop situation."

After the brief struggle the two men got some space between them and units from the California Highway Patrol and the Napa County Sheriff's Department arrived on the scene to assist.

A 30-minute standoff ensued and police attempted to talk Prado into dropping his weapon and surrendering. Police finally subdued Prado by tackling him from behind, Pace said.

"He is lucky he didn't get shot," Pace said.

The officer sustained a puncture wound to his bicep that Pace said was a minor injury. He also sustained a minor leg injury during the struggle. Prado was taken to the Napa County Department of Corrections.
Resident

Wake Up Call

Post by Resident »

I think ACPD should be commended for showing restraint in this stand-off situation. If it takes an early alarm to protect an officer that has chosen a career to protect us...Let it ring...I'm sure many of us in the community wish the injured officer a quick recovery.

Post by Guest »

Oh I wasn't complaining! I agree, get the bad guys! ACPD you do a great job -