STREET VENDORS

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

STREET VENDORS

Post by mattbb61 »

I have been seeing street corner fruit vendors in increasing numbers and regularity lately sprouting up on our community's street corners. I'd like to know if it is legal for anyone to sell produce this way, and if it is, from whom would a vendor have to obtain a permit?.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Vending is allowed within the city limits, if a permit is obtained from City Hall. The police receive several calls daily regarding these vendors and when contacted the first question is whether or not the vendor has a permit to sell within the city of American Canyon. If not they are warned or cited for the violation. If you see these vendors and want them check to see if they are following the city's ordinances, feel free to call ACPD and we will respond and if located, check the vendor. The same applies to county permits in the areas of Napa County, and the agency to report this to would be the Napa County Sheriff’s Department. Both agencies can be reached through the Napa County Dispatch Center at (707) 648-0171
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

Thank you for that information. I've done precisely that before, and will continue to do so in the future. I encourage all concerned citizens to do likewise. These are our residential areas, not flea markets.