Car Seats

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Car Seats

Post by Mel »

I was just wondering when the next car seat function will happen. My family was recently in a car accident resulting in major damage to all vehicles involved. When talking to the Ins adjuster, we were talking about what kind of car seat/booster we were using for our child. I had her in the wrong seat. Thank GOD she wasn't injured!
I would have never known about how you need to use a booster with a back (headrest) if your vehicle doesn't have headrests installed ( like in backseat of most trucks). Also that is it 6 AND 60 lbs. I thought it was 6 OR 60 lbs to not have to use a booster. My other child is 7 and 72 lbs, but I still have her in a simple seat booster ( I have headrests) because the seatbelt was cutting her off at the neck - VERY BAD. She'll continue to be in that booster till she's tall enough.
I think we need to make this next car seat function a HUGE deal. I know personaly that most parent think that it's 6 or 60. I know a huge amount of people that don't bother putting your kids IN seats at all, some don't much mind about seatbelts. Those who know me , know I am now an advocate for carseat safety - and it took my family being in a car accident to do so. How sad is that?

Car Seats

Post by Guest »

The next car seat inspection will be May 13, 2006 from 10-2 at Kastner Honda in Napa. That would be a good one to attend. Or you may call the American Canyon Police Dept. and ask for Kim or Kathy for an appointment. We are both certified car seat technicians.