WARNING - PHONE SOLICITATIONS - WARNING

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

WARNING - PHONE SOLICITATIONS - WARNING

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

NAPA P.D. ASKED US TO POST THIS ON THE SITE TO ALERT THE PUBLIC.

AS ALWAYS IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING CALLS RECEIVED ASKING FOR DONATIONS, FOR ANY POLICE AGENCY, OBTAIN A CALL BACK NUMBER FROM THE CALLER. THEN CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT USING THE TELEPHONE NUMBER LISTED IN THE PHONE BOOK OR THROUGH INFORMATION TO VERIFY THAT AGENCY IS CURRENTLY CALLING RESIDENTS FOR DONATIONS. HERE IS THE POSTING REGARDING "BUCKLE UP":

Dear Buckle Up Members,

Two days ago someone called the police department to report a man soliciting funds for the Buckle Up program. He was asking for a $50.00 gold membership, $35.00 silver membership toward the program. The person told them “NO”. The man then asked for $10.00. The person said, “NO” and the man hung up. It was a blocked number.

THE NAPA POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOT SOLICITING FOR THE CAR SEAT PROGRAM.

If you receive any complaints about this please refer them to the police department to alert us of the incidence. They can call 253-4451 or 257-9223.

We will be getting the Register to also print up this warning.
Colleen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Post by Colleen »

In reading the warning for donation solicitations for the police department(s), I am curious as to how a person could donate directly to their community PD - perhaps to offset the cost of helmets for bicyclists, overhead for COPPS at the Park, etc. For years I had been giving a donation to a firefighters association, only to find out that just 15% went to the actual cause - all else was overhead, which is insane. I'd rather donate directly and have found ways to do so from time to time with the firefighters. What about the police department? It would be nice to know you are donating to the community you live in.
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Donations to the Police Department

Post by ACPDMontoya »

Thank you for inquiring on making donations to the American Canyon Police Department. Donations go into a fund that is used to purchase materials for events in American Canyon. I currently hand out items such as stickers, pencils, crayons, etc. to kids at COPPS in the Park, Friday Nights in the Plaza, 4th of July, and other community events.

If you would like to donate, make checks payable to the American Canyon Police Department. In the memo section write, "donation" and acct. #100-210-5459. You can mail or drop-off your donation at:

American Canyon Police Department
2185 Elliott Drive
American Canyon, Ca. 94503

Thank you again for your donations and supporting your local Police Depatment.

Officer Ted Montoya
Community Resource Officer
tmontoya@co.napa.ca.us

Donations to ACPD

Post by Guest »

Hi Officer Montoya,

Thank you for your response regarding my inquiry on donations to the ACPD. I can't think of a better way to share the proceeds from this past Saturday's yard sale!

Stay safe,
Colleen