3 Day Parking Limit

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Yardley
Historian
Historian

3 Day Parking Limit

Post by Yardley »

Any Police Officer:

Do you keep some sort of written or electronic log of the 3 day parking notices, so you can follow-up & issue a citation or tow a vehicle if necessary?

I ask because I have called twice in the last week re: a truck that has been up on "jacks", and all the owner has done is put the tires back on, but the truck has not been moved, remains on jacks, and does not appear to be operable.

Thank you for your time.---Frustrated & Embarassed Resident

3 Day Parking

Post by Guest »

Yardley, can you give us an idea as to where this is occurring ? So We can follow-up. Thanks. Police Technician- K. Hess :)
Yardley
Historian
Historian

Post by Yardley »

Police Technician Hess,

The truck is located on Huntington Way and is an older model, light-blue Ford truck.

I drove by the truck earlier today, and now the front tires are missing, and the truck is up on 4 jacks!

It is my understanding that people aree not allowed to park their vehicles and repair them on the street.

Thank you

3 day parking

Post by Guest »

Upon talking to the mechanic ,working on the Pick-up the vehicle should be put back together by tonite and moved. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
K.Hess
Yardley
Historian
Historian

Policy & Procedure

Post by Yardley »

Police Technician Hess,

I appreciate the response and action re: the truck I reported.

Could you or one of the police officers please answer the following:

1. Do you usually follow-up on the 3 day notices you place on
vehicles, or do you rely on residents notifying you if the
vehicle, RV, etc. has not been moved?

2. Is there a code or law prohibiting repairing or working
on cars if they are parked on the street? (I am not
referring to those situations when a car unexpectedly
won't start or has a flat tire, but when someone
parks a vehicle they know to be inoperable to
repair "at their leisure") ?

Thank you for your time.

parking issues

Post by Guest »

Yardley, your answer to question #1 is both. We go back after 72hrs or as close as we can, and residents do call us.
The answer to #2 is a vehicle can't be parked any longer than 72hrs in one spot, so if it is disabled it will probably get a warning, ticket and if not moved, a tow.