COPPS in the Park

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

The American Canyon Police Department believes in a strong Community Policing philosophy. In an effort to meet the community residents, we will be at a different neighborhood park each month. This month we will be at Gadwall Park in the Waterton subdvision. I would like to invite you to meet some of our Officer's, Police Technician's, Volunteer's, and K-9 Cvoki. We will be on hand to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Also learn about Neighborhood Watch, Operation Identification, Car Seat Program, etc. Refreshments will be served.

Gadwall Park
Saturday March 18, 2006
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Ted Montoya
Community Resource Officer
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

Well our first official COPPS in the Park is now behind us. The weather was great and we didn't get rained on. We had about 20 area residents come out to say hi. We handed out stickers, pencils, and crayons to the kids, while talking with their parents about any questions or concerns they may have. It was a great opportunity to meet our neighbors on a positive level. We look forward to our next COPPS in the Park.

Place: Fairgrounds Mobile Estates
Date: Saturday April 22, 2006
Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

The April event of COPPS in the Park held at Fairgrounds Mobile Estates was a great success. Please join us this month at:

Place: Via Bellagio Park
Date: Saturday May 20, 2006

Hope to see you there!
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

In May we had about one dozen residents come to COPPS in the Park held at Via Bellagio Park. These residents learned about programs offered by the American Canyon Police Department, including Neighborhood Watch. From this one meeting, a second meeting was planned two weeks later in the same park. This time, about 50 neighborhood residents came out to hear more about Neighborhood Watch and what they can do in their community to make it safer. We could not have done this without one special resident who brought her neighbors together. You can do it too.

It takes a partnership with the police department and the local community to fight crime and bring the community together. Please join us at our next COPPS in the Park.

Place: Canyon Creek Subdivision
Date: Saturday July 22, 2006

To schedule a COPPS in the Park in your neighborhood, contact Officer Ted Montoya at tmontoya@co.napa.ca.us
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS event at Fairgrounds Mobile Estates

Post by ACPDMontoya »

In the August issue of the American Canyon Echo I advertised our COPPS in the Park event for Saturday August 19, 2006 at Fairgrounds Mobile Estates. This event had to be cancelled and will now take place in September. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Post by Guest »

Do you think you can post in in another forum besides the Echo? Nobody on our street gets that paper, so we wouldn't know about it and I would like to attend. That would be something worthy of the water bill attachments...
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

Hey, I don't get that paper either!
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

I have a monthly article in the ECHO and I post events on American Canyon Online. When I reserve a park with the city, the dates get put into the water bill. So for some reason if you do not get the ECHO you can read it here online.

Place: Fairgrounds Mobile Estates
Date: Saturday September 16, 2006
Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM

On hand for this event will be the police department, Napa Valley Resource Center, and a business handing out finger print kits for children. Refreshments will be served.
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

This will be our last COPPS in the Park for this year. Thanks to everyone who came out to say Hi and meet members of their local police department. Last month we were joined by American Canyon Family Resource Center as well as Brian Farmer from Farmers Insurance Group who handed out child finger print cards and safety material. They both will join me again next weekend, and hopefully next year our events will be even bigger. Refreshments will be served.

Place: Community Center, 100 Benton Way
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2006
Time: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM

Post by Guest »

I was wondering. Do you notice a drop , increase or no change in this type of event after August 1st? I say that because the regular soccer season starts on August 1st. There are 500+ people down at Kimberly during the hours of your COPPS in the Park. A lot of whom want to go, but can't. Would changing the venue after that date to Kimberly be something you'd be interested in?
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Kimberly Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

Normally we get the same amount of people at each of our events. My intent when starting this program was to visit a different neighborhood park each month. We wanted to get out into the community and visit different neighborhoods and let residents know the differnt types of programs we offer. If we are able to make it to Kimberly Park this year, going during the soccer season seems like a good idea.
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park

Post by ACPDMontoya »

COPPS in the Park returns again this Saturday. Late last year we were joined by the American Canyon Family Resource Center and Brian Farmer from Farmer's Insurance. This year we added the American Canyon Fire Department as well as the City of American Canyon's Environmental spam, Pam Konoval.

Whether it is crime prevention/neighborhood watch, family resources, child safety, recycling programs, or fire prevention, we all have something to share. Bring your bikes and have them licensed with the police department. There will also be a special visit from Officer Matlock and his K-9 partner Cvoki. Refreshments will be served.

Date: Saturday March 17, 2007
Time: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Place: 260 American Canyon Road, clubhouse
Resident

Another Sugguestion

Post by Resident »

You may want to consider the Little League fields for one Saturday once the season gets underway.

Post by Guest »

Officer Montoya:

I would like to suggest that a COPPS in the Park schedule a date and time at the park in Vintage Ranch. I think it's called Silver Oak Park, however it's where Canyon Oaks Elementary School is located.

Thank you for all you do & keep up the good work!

PS - This Saturday is Opening Day for Little League so hopefully you will get a turn out later in the afternoon.
ACPDMontoya
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

COPPS in the Park at Vintage Ranch

Post by ACPDMontoya »

COPPS in the Park will be at Canyon Oaks School in the Vintage Ranch subdivision when Canyon Oaks has their annual Art Festival. Come out and join everyone and see what Canyon Oaks has to offer.

Place: Canyon Oaks School
Date: Saturday May 19, 2007
Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Come out and meet members of your Police and Fire Departments, American Canyon Family Resource Center, Brian Farmer of Farmer's Insurance, American Canyon's Enviromental Program, and so much more.