Issue on Donaldson

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

Issue on Donaldson

Post by Guest »

What can you tell us about the death of the man on Donaldson? Was it an accident or was there more to it?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

This investigation is still ongoing and has not been closed. Until it is closed by Investigations and the findings made public, all I can offer you is the press release as noted in our local paper. Sorry, but some information must be withheld with on going investigations.

Police treat AmCan's man's death as suspicious
By MARSHA DORGAN, NVP Services
Tuesday, January 3, 2006 1:02 AM PST

Sheriff's detectives are investigating the death of an American Canyon man, whose body was found in the backyard of a residence in the 1000 block of Donaldson Way on Thursday morning.

"At this point because of the victim's age and factors found around the scene, we are treating the case as a suspicious death," sheriff's Lt. Jean Donaldson said Thursday afternoon. However, Donaldson declined to elaborate on what was found at the scene.

He said there had been calls to police of suspicious activity at that house in the past couple of days.

One was the report of a nude male outside the house. And another call came in later that night of someone yelling at the same residence, Donaldson said.

"American Canyon police searched the area both times and found no one," he said.

The victim has not been positively identified, Donaldson said, adding he appears to be in his mid 20s.

Donaldson said no weapons were found in the Donaldson Way backyard. The victim did not have any visible signs of exterior trauma, he added.

An autopsy performed Friday determined that the man had apparently died from head trama incurred from a fall off a five foot retaining wall.

The victim lived in a shed in the backyard of the house.

"He recently moved there. He had permission to stay in the shed," Donaldson said. "So far, we have very little history on the victim. We know he was last seen within the last day."

One of the occupants of the home found the victim and called police.

A neighbor who lives about a block from the house told the Register she did not know the occupants, but said there were several people living in the home and people were coming and going all day and night.

The two-story modest home was cordoned off for several blocks on Donaldson Way. The area was off limits to everyone except those who live in area.

The Napa County Major Task Force was called in to collect evidence from the scene. They were there most of Thursday.

As of Monday the man had been identified by the corner according to Sargent Nichols of the AmCan Police Department. No one from the coroner was available for comment due to the holiday.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

I ho-pe the above information helped you, I will try to post any new informaiton when our Investigation's Division has more information to release.
AmCanGuest

Possible Method of Identification

Post by AmCanGuest »

Living in the backyard shed of someone's home? I would run him past the Megan's Law database myself...
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Mel »

I used to live near that house and it always made me feel nervous. There was something going on there for sure. WAY to many people going in and out of that house.
I looked on Megan website (not that it would show someone living in a backyard shed) but no one near that address... Course THAT doesn't mean anything!