Police accompanied with police dogs attend to neighbor

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Vintage Ranch Resident

Police accompanied with police dogs attend to neighbor

Post by Vintage Ranch Resident »

I am a resident of the new development Vintage Ranch. There seems to be a lot of police activity on Stonecreek Drive. Are you able to give details as to what has been happening?

Earlier this evening police with dogs responded to a home on that street. Over the summer on that same street at a different house there was a police raid with the use of a battering ram. I am concerned for my family with regard to the character of people that live on that street.

Thank you.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

I did some research and could not find any entries in our Shift Log that show police dogs being used in your neighborhood Friday evening.

During last summer I do remember a warrant being executed at one house. That was the D.E.A. and they arrested a subject for being in violation of his Federal Probation.

If I find out what happened with the police dogs last Friday, I will let you know.

For more information your community newspaper and this web site have police statistics for the city’s reported crime.
ACPD Matlock
Wanderer
Wanderer

Police activity

Post by ACPD Matlock »

Vintage Ranch Resident,
Fist off, I should probably introduce myself. I am Officer Jeff Matlock and I am the K-9 officer in American Canyon. I have been with the Napa County Sheriff's department since May 1996 and have spent the past 5 years here in American Canyon. In July of 2004, I received "Cvoki", a police K-9. Cvoki is a German Shepherd Dog from Czechoslovakia. He is 5 yrs. old and has been with our department for approx. 4 yrs. now. He was with another deputy prior to me.
I was most likely the patrol vehicle you saw with the police dog, as we currently have one K-9 here in the city. The incident I believe you are referring to was a resident in the area reporting a suspicious subject on Silver Oak Trail. The suspicious subject was reported as looking into parked vehicles, possibly trying to break into them.
A subject, matching the description given was contacted nearby and was found to be looking into his parent's vehicles, which were parked 2-3 houses away from their residence. The resident who called in did a great job of being observant and calling us to investigate. Although many times there may be an innocent explanation for some things, we do not know without the assistance of the community and investigating these types of incidents.

Officer Jeff Matlock and K-9 "Cvoki"
Vintage Ranch Resident

Post by Vintage Ranch Resident »

Thank you so much for all of your information. I really appreciate each of you taking the time to respond. I would like to take a moment and wish you two and all of your families a wonderful holiday season this year. I realize I am a little early with my well wishes but this has been a challenging year for me and mine.

Thank you again & keep up the good work!!!