Emergency Response Plan

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

Emergency Response Plan

Post by Guest »

After watching the recent hurricane disaster response in the Gulf Coast on TV, I realize I don't know what the Emergency Response Plan is for American Canyon residents in case of a major catastrophe. This may fall under another agency but I'm sure the Sheriff's Dept. would be some of the first responders. Could you please enlighten us as to what the plan is that is in place in case of a major emergency in our city or refer us to a website that would give this information. Thank you in advance.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Guest: We do have a couple of citizens who form the American Canyon Red Cross. I was in it about ten years ago and in case of emergencies the plan (back in the day) was to relocate to Napa to shelters such as a church. We actually had a drill one year and Napa and AmCan volunteers did a mock up. We set up cots, made food, and it was pretty prepared. I am also proud to say we have an awesome and skilled Fire District, they do have emergency plans as well. I'm sure an officer can put in some more info but thats what I can tell you about from my experience.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

The Napa County Sheriff’s Department, in conjunction with Napa County fire, California Department of Forestry and the California Office Of Emergency Services (OES) has several pre-planned scenarios that are ready to be implemented in the event a natural disaster or other incident occurs. Each incident or event will require different reactions.

An Emergency Operation Order is something that has been planned out, but has room for flexibility and adaptation to different situations. One of the most important requirements for the new Napa County Sheriff’s Department building was an area set aside specifically for an Emergency Operations Center. This center can be manned with very short notice and manned in a sustained manner for the duration of the incident.

If you would like additional information regarding California’s Office of Emergency Services you can go to this site:

http://www.oes.ca.gov/Operational/OESHome.nsf