traffic stops

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

traffic stops

Post by guest »

why is there always multiple officers around for routine traffic stops?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Traffic Stop

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Officers and civilians often use that term "routine traffic stop" but in reality there is no such thing. One of the most dangerous things we do on a daily basis is making a traffic stop.

When we hear another unit make a stop, the other officer usually stops by to see how the stop is going and if the officer making the stop needs any help. After dark, it is our policy to call for another unit to respond to the stop until all checks for wanted/missing/license status have come back clear. Other times we just roll by to see who was stopped and what they were up to. This way we get to know who it is, which helps in our community policing.

Thanks for asking and I hope this answered your question.