Local Investigator?

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Parent of Victim

Local Investigator?

Post by Parent of Victim »

As a parent of a victim of a violent crime in AC several years ago, I would like to know if at any time soon we will have a local detective. With the population growth in AC, serious crime is most likely to climb. Is the budget proposal for next year going to allocate funds for a local investigator?
In my opinion, a local detective for AC at this point would be able to become familiar with the unwanted element in AC by creating contacts that may be useful in investigating future crimes.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

I do not know the Chief's plans for the future, but he has expressed his wishes to have dedicated detectives assigned to ACPD. In the office that is being planned for the PD and Fire to share, they have allocated office space for detectives.

The detective(s) currently assigned to crimes occurring in American Canyon are previous officers who were assigned to ACPD and still work ACPD patrol on a frequent basis.

Post by Guest »

You said there is a new office being built that will house both the police and fire department? Where will this office be, and when will it be open?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

It is still in the planning stages.
Echo Reader

New Facility

Post by Echo Reader »

I believe I read in the Echo that the new facility is planned for the east side of Hwy 29. I have a question: What will happen to the old firehouse?
Will it be torn down or will it become a sub-station for the the sheriff's dept and fire department on the west side of Hwy 29?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

I do not know what the Fire Department plans to do with their old station when the new house opens, but the Police Department will be located at the new location.