RUNNING RED LIGHTS

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
LovinAC
Wanderer
Wanderer

RUNNING RED LIGHTS

Post by LovinAC »

I have become quite concerned lately with the intersection of Hwy 29 and American Canyon Road. Just about everytime I sit at this intersection waiting for my light to turn green I will see at least 2 to 3 cars run a blatant red light .... is there any hope of getting some officers to sit and observe this intersection? I know you have had to been called to the intersection on many occasions for accidents that have happened. Would love to hear your comments.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Red Lights

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

The intersection you speak of is one that is scheduled for change in the coming make over of American Canyon Road. This may help with the red light runners, but in the mean time, the city has approved funding for a second officer for traffic. The second Motorcycle Officer will hopefully be on line about the same time that school starts. I know this doesn't help things now, but I will make an effort to be at the intersection more often.

And for those of you who read this and have a habit of passing through the red light just as it changes - If you get a citation know that the fine has been increased from $270.00, I just dont know what the new fine is.