Violations

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

Violations

Post by Guest »

Does the police dept wait (like the city) for a citizen to complain about a violation, such as parking boats, rv's, etc...on the street before issuing a citation?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

We usually dont wait for a complaint to issues citations for parking violations we observe. Expired registration, fire lanes, handicapped zones usually get an immediate cite when we observe the infraction... However we may not see every violation while we are driving around and may not notice that certain vehicle on your street hasn't moved for the past week or so. If you have an issue that you feel should be address, call us, we will respond.....

As for vehicles off the streets, parked in driverways, side of the house and such....that is under the relm of the City's Code Enforcement Officer, we deal with the vehicles on the streets only.....

Boats

Post by Guest »

I would like to know if boats parked on the street fall into the city or police codes. They are on trailers that display license plates so I'm unsure which codes they violate if left for long periods on the street.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Boat trailers are a vehicle.... They have the same registration requirements and time limit - 72 hours.

Boats/Trailers

Post by Guest »

So basically a boat can stay on the street as long as the owner keeps moving it a couple of feet every 72 hours? Does the police dept ever report to the city code enforcement habitual offenders?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

The code enforcement officer does not enforce the vehicle code on public streets... The police have that responsibility....

If you have a vehicle that you feel is being stored on a public street, report it --648-0171---.

If it is being stored on private property, such as a driveway or beside a house then you need to consult with the city's code enforcement officer...
Last edited by ACPD Brownlee on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voilations

Post by guest »

Officer Brownlee, You mention that if a boat or other vehicle is being stored in a driving way this is code enforcement. Could you please elaborate, because many people have vehicles, boats, campers stored in their driveways. What is the code in American Canyon?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Vehicles are allowed by law to be parked on the private driveway of a residence. If the vehicle / boat / camper is hooked up to power and it appears if it is being used as a second residence, then this may be a violation of the code and the City's Code Enforcement Officer has control of these matters.

I do not know all the city's codes relating to the storage of vehicles on private property, this is an area Law Enforcement does not specifically deal with. I would refer you to the City's Code Enforcement Officer for additional details on this subject.