Crime on the Rise in AC

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

Crime on the Rise in AC

Post by Guest »

In reviewing the April crime statistics provided on this online site it is disturbing to see that the statistics so far this year are so close or over the year to date figures for 2004.

2005 / ytd 2004

Assaults 38 / 41
Burglary 25 / 26
Theft 61 / 41
Stolen Vehicles 21 / 12

What does the AC Police Dept contribute this to? Also, Chief Koford use to address the City Council meetings and that seems to be a practice that unfortunately has been eliminated in recent months.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Guest: In my opinion I would say that you need to account for the number of people that have moved in the city this year. The percentages are still low. Also keep in mind these are reported crimes, it could just mean more crimes were being reported and that the police department was more active. But I'm sure there are numerous reasons, I wouldnt worry at all though if that is what you are considering. I personally find them not disturbing at all.

Also, you might want to go on google or something and look up all the national crime averages. You will find American Canyon is not up there in crimes.
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Crime Stats

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Guest -

Looks like our Year To Date are About the same - 38 this year and 41 the same time last year on assaults.... But there are many factors you need to remember when looking at those stats. A burglary is not what most people think of when they hear that word... It is not someone dressed in black creeping around in your house. It also applies to a kid going into the local quick mart and grabbing a 12 pack of beer and running out the door. Since he is legally not old enough to buy it, it's a burglary... Also with the opening of Safeway, there have been more burglaries - people running out the door with a cart or basket of food....

An assault can be anything from a person being beaten with a baseball bat to a third grader being pushed down on the playground. And thefts are any thing taken.... From lawn decorations to a purse out of an unlocked car, which we had a slight problem with at the beginning of the year, but caught three responsibles thanks to an observant neighbor....

But as for the national average, we are way below it and this is mostly thanks to the level of staffing you have in this city… There are about 15 to 17 thousand people living here now, and on certain days you have as many as 7 officers working at the same time. That breaks down to about 1 per 2,000 which is below the recommended national average.
Last edited by ACPD Brownlee on Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

holy cr#p i did not know there was that many people in ac and if there
is cg acpd job well done =D =D

Post by Guest »

Guest, can you please tell the name of web site that provides statistics for crime in American Canyon.

Statistics

Post by Guest »

The statistics quoted are from this sites menu under police and fire.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Go here: http://www.americancanyon.com/Police_and_Fire_Reports/

I usually have the logs and reports several weeks before they hit the local papers so you can always find them first on the site.

drug bust

Post by Guest »

Is it true that there was a drug bust last Saturday night that netted over 1 million dollars in Meth from somebody's car trunk?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

I am not aware of such an arrest in American Canyon. Do you know by which agency or in what city / county the arrest was made???