Taking Breaks

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.

Taking Breaks

Post by Guest »

Is it true that you officers all take your break at the same time? Ive read so many complaints on this forum that if you want an officer you need to go by Starbucks at 9pm on Saturday night.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Our breaks

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Guest -

We work 12-hour shifts and occasionally take breaks together. BUT if we are on break, we are never "off the air" or unavailable. ACPD and the Sheriff's Department are not like other agencies where officers take a meal break and are off the air. We take our lunches when time permits and, just like today; when a call came in we handled the call. There were a lot of public statements concerning the fact that ACPD was breaking together, but I have not heard these comments lately. On the whole, the officers assigned to American Canyon are here at their request, asking to be assigned and then electing to stay on even after their 2 year commitment is well past. Your Officers enjoy working down here and make every effort to keep this community safe and take all necessary actions to stop / prevent crime.

Now saying all this, please lets not use this forum to take annonymous pokes at the police. We hoped this forum would be used for serious questions, concerns and interaction between the community and their police.