Saying Hello

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
ACPDRochester
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Saying Hello

Post by ACPDRochester »

My name is Geoff Rochester and I am the Community Policing / Problem Solving Officer for the City of American Canyon. I wanted to take this time to introduce myself on this forum for those who do not know who I am and tell you a little about what I do.

The best way to describe my job is to say I spend 75% of my time on crime prevention / crime awareness and 25% of my time on crime analysis.

I attempt to identify problem areas within the City. Using the resources available to me I develope a plan of action and try to resolve those problems. I am in the process of developing some Crime Prevention / Awareness programs including Home Securities, Vehicle Theft, a booth for Friday Night at the Plaza, an information center at the Incident Command Trailer on 4th of July. I am also working on a Bicycle Safety Rodeo, Pre-planning for National Night Out, Neighborhood Watch and many other community related programs.

I am also working with the Sheriff's Office on "Project Lifesaver". This is a program for citizens suffering from Alzheimer's and those who are developmentally disabled. This program involves the use of locator bracelets to assist citizens with these ailments who wonder from home.

I am responsible for our C.A.T.S. Team "Crime and Theft Suppression". This is a crime suppression team that works special details as needed. When a problem area is indetified this may be one of the resources we implement in an attempt to catch the responsibles and deter that type of activity.

I am currently submitting a monthly article to the American Canyon Citizens Echo. This monthly article touches on Crime Prevention / Awareness and is also used to inform citizens of problem areas or activities.

This just scratches the surface on my responsibilities. I will also be checking this forum as Officer's Warrington and Brownlee do. Between the three of us we hope to provide you with valuable information and answers to your questions.
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

Since Officer Rochester gave everyone some background on his duties, I thought I would do the same. I started working for Napa County Sheriff’s in October 1991. I came from another agency, starting my career in March 1988.

Since working in Napa, I have worked in the Patrol Bureau, Civil Bureau, and two years in the Investigations Bureau working forgeries, thefts and other property crimes for the southern portion of the county. While on patrol, I’ve worked almost entirely in American Canyon, totaling about 9 years now.

My current assignment is to the Patrol Bureau, American Canyon Police Department. In theses duties I am responsible for responding to calls for service, investigating criminal events, reporting and documenting these events, investigating traffic collisions, and of course…. enforcement of Federal, State and local laws. I also have various other duties as determined by my supervisors and citizen concerns and/or complaints.

Like Off. Rochester, I think this forum can be a good thing that will help the community and the police department to exchange ideas and information.

On-line forum

Post by Guest »

I hope Officer Rochester will mention this on-line forum in his next article.
It also might be a good idea to send your column to the Post and Eagle.
Or select a topic from this forum to write about.
ACPDRochester
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello

Post by ACPDRochester »

Guest -

I will mention this forum in July's echo article as I have already sent in my article for June. Due to time elements for production they have to be in early. I am also working on getting more articles out their possibly in the Eagle and other papers. The more people we can reach the more the word will get out about Crime Prevention / Awareness.

I am keeping an eye on this forum also for future articles. As in the past if we see a subject matter that needs some attention we will do that. I try to balance the articles with providing Crime Prevention / Awareness tips, addressing issues in the community and promoting our Neighborhood Watch. Unfortunately space is limited in the papers so my articles have to be short and to the point but also relative to current topics.

I will try my best to keep up with things.
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

If you write, you can put down that this APCD forum can be reached at the following URL:

http://americancanyon.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

It will go directly to this forum and list the topics. If you write something let me know and I can send it to the Napa-Solano Post.

Post by Guest »

I think it is admirable that the Sheriff's Dept is so willing to work with the community of American Canyon.
1momfor2
Resident
Resident

Long timers

Post by 1momfor2 »

It is comforting for me to have deputies that have been in American Canyon almost as long as I have. It is nice to have you know our names and say hi when we pass on the streets. You were one of the first officers I met here and I am glad to know your still here with us for the long haul.
Thanks for sticking with us.
1momfor2
Resident
Resident

Deputy Warrington's History

Post by 1momfor2 »

Could you give us your background as well. You have also been with us for several years. In fact, I remeber when you started in American Canyon. Thank you for sticking with us.
ACPDRochester
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Deputy Warrington's History

Post by ACPDRochester »

Warrington has been out sick for the past few day's. When he returns we will make sure he gives a brief history of his time and experience with the Sheriff's Office and his time in American Canyon.
neo94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by neo94503 »

that would be good
ACPDWarrington
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello

Post by ACPDWarrington »

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 Post subject: Saying Hello

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my name is Mark Warrington, I am the Traffic Officer for the City of American Canyon Police Dept. I have been in that position since September of 2003. My primary duty is traffic enforcement within the city limits. I do respond as a cover officer whenever needed.

I have been employed by the Napa County Sheriff’s Dept since 1999 and have worked in American Canyon since April of 2000.

I will monitor this site a time or two each week and primarily respond to questions relating to traffic issues.
Melissa
Resident
Resident

ACPDRochester

Post by Melissa »

I lost you card that you gave my friend and I last week. Remember us? You responded to the car that was doing 60 on my street.
Anyway, we are still very interested in the Neighborhood Watch program and would like to get in touch with you about that.
Please email me your info on the program.
Thanks, Melissa