Graffiti on Rio del Mar

This forum is dedicated to our local Police Department to let the community know about recent laws, as well as to discuss problems and concerns with the citizens. Please note: This is a public forum, do not post any personal information or discuss non-public criminal issues. Please email or call the officers directly if you need assistance with a crime. Abusing this forum can be a serious matter and we will not hesitate to provide information using our logs about who you are.

Moderators: Issa, ACPDWarrington, ACPDMontoya, ACPD Brownlee

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Do not post personal information about crimes on this forum, please directly call the police department instead. Use this forum to communicate to our police force online.
Resident of AC

Graffiti on Rio del Mar

Post by Resident of AC »

I would like to know if there is a code that addresses graffiti on private property. What I would consider "racial" graffiti appeared on a fence on Rio del Mar recently. Is it strictly up to the homeowner to remove or are there other resources?
ACPD Brownlee
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Private Property

Post by ACPD Brownlee »

The graffiti you speak of is on private property ? ? ? ?
It then becomes the property owners concern. If the property owner would like help removing the graffiti then the city may have resources to help with the removal. However, there is not law requiring the property owner to remove the graffiti. It may be graffiti to you, but the owner may like it and not want it removed. As long as the graffiti does not specifically fall into the laws covering racial or religous threats, then it may remain on the property for as long as the owner permits it. I hope this answered your question and thank you for using the site....
Resident of AC

Graffiti still on fence

Post by Resident of AC »

Back in May I asked the question about the responsibility of graffiti removal on a residents fence on Rio del Mar. Apparently, the homeowner's solution is to go over the white paint with black spray paint. In case you have not noticed the message, it reads "F*** Brownpride". Now this has to be offensive to the deverse community of American Canyon. This resident has his property up for sale and it is beyond me how he thinks this is a selling factor...What can be done at this point to remove this tagging?
Resident A/C

New city code ?

Post by Resident A/C »

Well, I'm disappointed to hear that, so maybe the City needs to address graffiti on private property in the City Code Enforcement Ordinance.

Tagging

Post by Guest »

It is so disappointing to see tagging in AmCan. I took my children over to Gadwall Park on Sunday. The "inside" of the water fountain had been tagged, right on the stainless steel. Everytime you took a sip of H20 there it was. Disgusting................such a disrespect to their families, community and all.