Weclome/Introductions

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
OfficerThurmon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
SpamStop: NO

Weclome/Introductions

Post by OfficerThurmon »

Hey all,

I joined the forum about a year ago, but just haven't gotten around to having some fun with it until now. While cruising through the forums, there really isn't any welcome topics for (new) members to introduce themselves. So I figured I'd post this one, and perhaps everyone else here might join in.

My parents have lived in American Canyon since 1975, and I was raised there, in Napa Square. I can remember when there was only a few thousand residents in the city (heck, BEFORE it was a city). There was only one time that I was not a resident, and that's when I moved to Arkansas in 2001to work for a local police department (but I came back in 2002). I haven't lived in the city since 2003, since I joined the Navy. Since then my wife and I have lived in Connecticut (stationed there), and now she's back (along with our daughter) in AmCan, and I'm over here in Bahrain, finishing up my time in the Navy. But here in about 6 months, I'll be coming back to my old home town, and I know one thing, I'm not gonna recognize it. I've looked up pictures on the internet, and there's been so much development :shock: .

I went to Napa Junction Elementary, was a member of Boy Scout Troop 62 that used to meet at Donaldson Way, and a member of Explorer Post 262 with the AmCan Fire District. I used to work construction in the Bay Area (dad's a general contractor), and I used to work for the Department of Fish and Game up in Yountville. Now I'm in the Persian Gulf. But I'll be home soon.

I'm not sure if there's still anyone in AmCan that might know me, but if you recognize my name (my profile name), give me a hollar. Anyone else who's reading this, if you don't mind, give us a quick intro, regardless of how long you've been a forum member.

God Bless, AmCan Neighbors =D

OfficerThurmon
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Weclome/Introductions

Post by mattbb61 »

OfficerThurmon, welcome to the fourms! We appreciate your chosen profession; supporting and defending the citizens of our community by "standing the watch" with your fellow comrades on the American Canyon Police Department as they enforce our laws which civilized people have created to ensure a civil society. Ticket those offenders, arrest them criminals, and God speed in doing so! And thank you for your service to our country! =D
Member of the Loyal Opposition
Since 2008...
Issa
Webmaster/Founder
Webmaster/Founder
SpamStop: NO

Post by Issa »

Welcome and God bless you for serving our country! Thank you for starting such a topic, I hope more will follow:

As for me, we moved to AmCan in '85 from San Francisco. I left in '99 for college and decided to call San Diego my new home. The rest of my family is still scattered around the bay area. My brother is actually planning to move back to AmCan within a year. I always get amazed at what has changed each time I visit (I'll see in a few weeks actually!). As for coming back I dont think I will, I've moved on to larger things, and I do like it here. But I did want to keep the site going and wont forget about the city I spent more than half my life in. Its more than just a hobby, I want to keep citizens connected and give them the freedom to communicate easily and openly amongst themselves. The new site is still under construction but Im very pleased with what its going to look like and cant wait to unleash it!
Visit AmericanCanyon.com --- Your online source for everything City Of American Canyon, California.
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by mattbb61 »

Are you a member of the Am Can Police, or is the Officer title a reference to your military "Master At Arms" title?
Member of the Loyal Opposition
Since 2008...