4th of July...

Share your thoughts, questions, comments, or anything else regarding our city in the general forum. What do you like about our city? What needs improvement? Whats happening in your area? If theres an issue that needs to be brought to attention discuss it here. ONLY REGISTERED USERS MAY POST IN THIS AREA. (Note: This has been temporarily disabled. If the forum is not abused we will remove registration requirements to post. Thank you.)

Moderator: Issa

Forum rules
Please follow the terms of use as illustrated on the main page of the forum. Only registered users may post in this forum. Classified posts and events must be posted in the Classifieds and Events forum. Thank you.
ac94503
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

4th of July...

Post by ac94503 »

HOT...HOT...HOT!!!

I just returned from the 4th of July Festival at Comm 1 park...

Very impressive!

I felt like I was walking on the Mid-Way of any Fair Circuit! It appeared that the kids were really enjoying themselves especially in the Jump area!

I think this committee did a wonderful job of pulling off a great 4th of July for this community.

Thank you...
Linda
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

4th July

Post by Linda »

• I agree with you it looked great, it was nice meandering through the stalls and the kids are all laughing. Well done!
mattbb61
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PARTICIPANT FEEDBACK

Post by mattbb61 »

I was a parade participant, like in many years in the past. Before it started off at 1030, I was already not very happy about not being able to park my classic car on the grass with the others, as in years gone by, and also knowing just how narrow Joan Drive is, I thought it would be a horrendous example of pure gridlock. I was very surprised when we did make that right turn, and after a mere two minute standstill, was able to move forward, AND find room to pull off temporarily to take care of some post parade necessities before taking it back to the barn. There were more entries than I had ever seen before, and everyone was cordial to one another everywhere I went. It was hands down, the BEST independence day celebration on that field I've ever been to, and we've been Am Can'ers since '92. Among the positives were the lack of Rap and in your face Hip Hop, two noise styles that heat the blood in the veins of this parent whenever I have to hear it. That BBC Beatles tribute band really needs to be invited back next year too. I did see a couple of punk kids who should have been turned away for not wearing a shirt, and for having their pants hanging way down. Lets keep that crud out of our neighborhood celebration next year; the security could handle that at the points of entry no problem.
Hip Hip Hurray to Cindy Coffey for a JOB WELL DONE! :P
Mel
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: 4th of July...

Post by Mel »

Had a great time at the 2 day 4th festivities! You all did a great job and Wonderbread5 was SO much fun!